Family Law Attorneys in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Matters involving family law are highly personal, so they tend to be emotionally charged and tough for parties to resolve on their own. Divorce requires spouses to face tough issues on asset division and spousal support, as well as child custody, support, and parenting time. Paternity cases can raise questions for which parents were not prepared and did not expect. Even adoption can be stressful as you welcome a new family member and adjust your household to accommodate him or her.
Our family law team at the Van Den Heuvel Law Office possesses the knowledge and experience you expect from a legal advocate, but we go beyond the call of duty. We are compassionate and dedicated in delivering personalized attention, because we understand this is not just a case. It is your family. Our lawyers have been advocating for clients in Grand Rapids and throughout Western Michigan for more than 27 years, so you can feel confident putting your family law matter in our hands.
Representing Clients in All Areas of Michigan Family Law
The concept of family law covers so many legal topics that many people will require the assistance of an attorney at some point in their lives. We will protect your interests in a court case, but we also offer advice and counsel in non-court matters or proceedings. Our family law practice group will serve your needs in:
- Divorce: All divorcing couples must address division of assets acquired during marriage, and alimony is often a factor in these cases. Our attorneys will protect your interests in divorce, especially in complicated situations involving a long-term marriage, high asset divorce, and complex property division.
- Issues Related to Minor Children: Child custody, parenting time, and support will be at the center of a divorce case, but issues involving children may arise even when parents did not marry. We provide experienced representation to balance your child’s best interests and your own needs, so you can focus on your family.
- Paternity: If you are a father seeking to establish paternity of a child, we can assist with all legal requirements. We even maintain an on-site DNA testing facility to streamline the process.
- Adoption: Situations involving adoption arise in many contexts, and our lawyers are prepared to help you navigate through every stage of the proceedings.
- Modifications and Relocation: When circumstances change, it may be necessary to make changes to a court’s order on divorce or child-related matters. We can help you with modifications, including where one parent’s relocation plans affect child custody, visitation, or support.
- Domestic Abuse: Whether you need protection on an emergency or ongoing basis, we take on the challenges of domestic violence matters. The safety of your entire family is paramount, and our lawyers will safeguard your rights.
Consult with a Knowledgeable Grand Rapids, MI Lawyer on Family Law Matters
Our family law services at the Van Den Heuvel Law Office cover a wide range of legal issues, so please give us a call at 616-698-0000 to discuss your situation. You may also schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer by visiting our website.