Grand Rapids Felony Attorney Delivers Aggressive Defense Representation
Working hard to protect you from lifelong consequences
If you have been charged with a felony, the legal team at the Van Den Heuvel Law Office is fully prepared to assist you. Michigan’s criminal laws can be complicated and difficult to understand, but we explain the charges against you and guide you through each step of the process. We have years of experience and legal knowledge that we use to get positive results for you. When you retain us to defend your charges, you can proceed with confidence.
Shielding your business when a key employee is charged with a felony drug or sex crime
If you are a business owner or a key employee in a company, you don’t want your felony charge to affect business. For example, if you are driving a company car and charged with a felony DUI, you need experienced criminal defense counsel. The same is true of a key employee being charged with drug possession or a sex crime. We have extensive experience in protecting both the individual and your business’s reputation in such matters. Let us provide the comprehensive services you want to safeguard your freedom and rights as well as the business’s reputation.
Informing you of Michigan’s felony classifications
Felonies in Michigan are classified by the seriousness of the offense according to the following crime class categories:
- Class A Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for life or any term of years. Examples: second-degree murder, assault with intent to commit armed robbery and assault with intent to murder.
- Class B Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for up to 20 years. Examples: arson of a dwelling house, first-degree child abuse and embezzlement over $100,000.
- Class C Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for up to 15 years. Examples: delivery or manufacture of 45 kilos or more of marijuana, operating a vehicle while intoxicated or impaired causing death and using internet/computer to commit crime.
- Class D Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for up to 10 years. Examples: assault with intent to commit a felony, delivery/manufacture counterfeit prescription and possession of methamphetamine.
- Class E Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for up to 5 years. Examples: carrying a concealed weapon, first-degree retail fraud and operating while intoxicated 3rd offense.
- Class F Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for up to 4 years. Examples: felonious assault, second-degree child abuse and false report of a felony.
- Class G Felonies: Punishable by imprisonment for up to 2 years. Examples: failure to register as sex offender (first offense), larceny in a building and larceny from a motor vehicle.
- Class H Felonies: Punishable by jail or other intermediate sanctions. Examples: eavesdropping and financial transaction device – stealing.
Regardless of the class of felony, all felony charges are serious. A skilled criminal defense attorney can mean the difference between keeping your freedom and entering a prison cell.
Schedule your appointment with an experienced criminal defense lawyers today
At the Van Den Heuvel Law Office, we are equipped to protect your freedom, rights and reputation. Contact us at 616-698-0000 or via our online inquiry page. Our office is conveniently located in Grand Rapids, MI, near the M6. We are also available on Skype by appointment.