Intelligent and Experienced Grand Rapids Criminal Defense Attorney
Providing outstanding personalized attention when it matters most
At the Van Den Heuvel Law Office, protecting your best interests and your rights is our top priority. We focus on issues that matter most to you, protecting your freedom and your future. When you are facing criminal charges, you want a skilled advocate on your side. We thrive on challenges, so we often accept cases other firms are reluctant to take. Our legal team provides you with peace of mind that your rights are being diligently protected. Don’t put your freedom, rights or reputation in jeopardy. Let us help you.
We Help You Mitigate ChargesIt is possible to have criminal charges against you dropped or reduced. While this may seem like an ideal situation, it’s...
It is possible to have criminal charges against you dropped or reduced. While this may seem like an ideal situation, it’s not unfeasible. We help to mitigate the most serious of charges by:
- Working with the investigators;
- Working with the prosecution to negotiate a plea deal;
- Having evidence gathered against you dismissed; and
- Presenting you as a witness rather than a defendant.
We Help You Secure the Best Outcome PossibleWhen avoiding charges entirely is not possible, our next step is to help you secure the best outcome possible...
When avoiding charges entirely is not possible, our next step is to help you secure the best outcome possible through:
- Highlighting mistakes made by the prosecution and police, which could provide you with leverage or result in evidence against you being withheld;
- Negotiating for a diversionary or probationary sentence as opposed to jail time;
- Minimizing your probationary period; and
- Reducing the amount of fines that you are liable for.
We Help You Win Your Case or Your AppealIn many cases, pleading not guilty and fighting charges against you, rather than pleading guilty and accepting a deal...
In many cases, pleading not guilty and fighting charges against you, rather than pleading guilty and accepting a deal offered by the prosecution, is the best way to pursue your case. However, winning a case can be difficult, and requires legal acumen, critical thinking skills, and a large team and plenty of resources. If you decide to defend your innocence, we help you win your case by:
- Objecting to legal mistakes and misconduct throughout the court process;
- Gathering evidence that supports your innocence;
- Challenging the prosecution to prove your guilt before a jury;
- Fighting back when our motions to suppress evidence are denied;
- Ensuring that you are equipped with a large team of investigative and legal professionals;
- Challenging any violations of your rights under the law;
- Standing up to unlawful or unconstitutional sentencing; and
- Attacking the evidence that is used against you.
Hardworking Michigan law firm defending felony allegations
Felonies are the most serious crimes with the most severe punishments such as jail time — even the possibility of life in prison for the most serious offenses — and costly fines. It is essential that you hire a proficient defense attorney as quickly as possible after your arrest. We fully understand the Michigan felony laws and procedures and how to effectively represent you at each stage of the proceedings. Examples of charges we assist you in defending include:
Trusted attorney fighting to reduce your misdemeanor charges
Misdemeanors are generally considered less serious crimes and carry lighter penalties than felonies. However, they should be taken seriously because a misdemeanor conviction can have lasting consequences. Most Michigan misdemeanor criminal offenses come in two forms: misdemeanors punishable by up to 93 days in jail and misdemeanors punishable by up to one year in jail. We have experience defending a wide range of misdemeanor charges such as:
White collar crimes
Most Michigan white collar crimes involve fraud or deceit used for monetary gain. A white collar crime can occur in a variety of circumstances, even crimes on the Internet. Examples of white collar crimes with which we can assist you include:
Competent in effectively defending alcohol or drug-related charges
As soon as you, a loved one or an employee driving a company vehicle are arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), it is imperative that you secure legal representation as quickly as possible to ensure your rights are protected. We have successfully represented hundreds of clients in defending alcohol or drug-related charges. Whether you have been charged with public drunkenness, DUI or underage drinking, we provide top-quality services and the personal attention you deserve.
Call for your consultation with an experienced criminal law attorney
If you have been charged with a criminal offense, your future depends on the quality of your defense. Contact the staff at the Van Den Heuvel Law Office for quality representation from a lawyers who zealously defends your rights. Contact us online or call 616-698-0000 to schedule your appointment. We are also available on Skype by appointment.