Grand Rapids Family Law Attorney Delivers Strong Advocacy and Empathetic Representation
At the Van Den Heuvel Law Office, we are prepared to handle your family law matter. We have resources and networks that are not available to most other law firms, including our on-site paternity testing equipment. We have extensive experience and a network of experts to help you determine the value of complex assets, including business ownership interests. Let us help you and your family during this difficult time of transition.
How we can help when you are filing for divorce in Michigan
Divorce impacts all areas of your life, especially your family, finances and property. We provide knowledgeable and skilled legal services in all areas related to Michigan family law matters, including:
- Divorce. We assist you with negotiations and litigation in your divorce to achieve your goals in the least disruptive way possible to your family. We have the knowledge, skills and resources to accurately evaluate complex assets such as ownership interests in a business, real estate, pension plans and other investments
- Child custody. Your children are your top priority, especially when you and your spouse are going through a divorce, so their best interests are our focus. Whether you are arguing over custody, support amounts or parenting time, we are fully equipped and ready to help you
- Child support. Determining the appropriate amount of child support that the noncustodial parent should pay can be emotional and overwhelming. It is our goal to ensure that each child has the same standard of living as before the divorce
- Spousal support. The purpose of spousal support is to prevent the divorce from being financially devastating to either spouse. We fully investigate your spouse’s finances, including assets and property ownership, to make sure you are paid the support you are entitled to receive or that you only pay what is fair and equitable
- Asset division. We also protect your interests when dividing assets and property, including any debt. We firmly believe that a divorce should not leave you in a financial crisis, so we work to protect your standard of living. We are experienced in valuating Michigan business ownership
- Adoptions. Whether you are a stepparent wanting to adopt your spouse’s child or a third party wanting to adopt a relative or an unrelated child, we are prepared to guide you through the adoption process step by step. We understand it is highly emotional and challenging at times, but with our compassionate and competent assistance, you can face the adoption process with confidence
- Paternity. If you are interested in establishing that you are the biological father of your child, our office provides on-site DNA testing. We understand that you want to be a part of your child’s life, so proving paternity and your legal rights to your child are a priority to us
Schedule an appointment with a compassionate family law attorney today
Whether your divorce is simple or complex, you need qualified legal representation. Contact the Van Den Heuvel Law Office to schedule your initial consultation at 616-698-0000 or online. Our offices are open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and after hours by appointment. We are also available on Skype by appointment.